With all the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, many people are ramping up their emergency preparedness efforts by filling their pantries with vacuum sealed food. Vacuum sealing helps food stay fresh for longer, protects from freezer burn, and allows families to maximize space in the pantry.
Choosing Vacuum Sealer Bag Sizes
If you’re new to vacuum sealing food, you may be wondering what size bags you need to buy. If a bag is too small, the food won’t fit, and if the bag is too big, you’ll be wasting both space and money.
To determine the right bag size, it’s best to first measure the food you’re primarily planning to seal. Add the width and height of the food to get the bag width, then add the length and height of the food to get the bag length.
Here’s a guide to help you choose the right bags:
- Stand-Up Bags: These bags come in sizes 2-32 oz, and are ideal for storing coffee, beans, rice, trail mix, dehydrated fruit, and much more.
- 1-2 Quart Mylar Bags: These high-barrier silver mylar bags protect your food from water, oxygen, and light. Use them to vacuum seal all types of meat, vegetables, fruits, and large portions of grains or beans.
- 1-2 Gallon Mylar Bags: As the largest storage bag option, these bags are best for storing large portions of flour, sugar, and other food storage items.
- ULTRA Bags and Rolls: ULTRA brand bags and rolls are made of 3.5 mil plastic and can fit a diverse range of foods. Order the roll and cut your bag to the perfect size.
- Ground Meat Bags: As the name suggests, these bags are best for storing ground beef, chicken, pork, or sausage.
Order Your Vacuum Sealer Bags Today
Vacuum Sealers Unlimited offers a wide range of vacuum sealer bags. Whether you’re looking for stand-up bags, mylar bags, shrink wrap bags, or any other type of vacuum sealer bags, you’ll find it in our shop. Find the perfect size bags for your needs today, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.