With all the uncertainty surrounding the coronavirus pandemic, many people are ramping up their emergency preparedness efforts by filling their pantries with vacuum sealed food. Vacuum sealing helps food stay fresh for longer, protects from freezer burn, and allows families to maximize space in the pantry.
Choosing Vacuum Sealer Bag Sizes
If you’re new to vacuum sealing food, you may be wondering what size bags you need to buy. If a bag is too small, the food won’t fit, and if the bag is too big, you’ll be wasting both space and money.
To determine the right bag size, it’s best to first measure the food you’re primarily planning to seal. Add the width and height of the food to get the bag width, then add the length and height of the food to get the bag length.
Here’s a guide to help you choose the right bags:
- Stand-Up Bags: These bags come in sizes 2-32 oz, and are ideal for storing coffee, beans, rice, trail mix, dehydrated fruit, and much more. These work with chamber sealers and AmeriVacs retractable nozzle sealers.
- Mylar Bags: These high-barrier silver Mylar bags protect your food from water, oxygen, and light. They are designed for very long-term storage of staples, like beans, rice, and pasta.
- Textured Mylar Bags: These textured Mylar bags are designed to work with suction sealers, like FoodSaver, Weston, and other countertop vacuum sealers. They will protect your staples for years!
- ULTRA Bags and Rolls: ULTRA brand bags and rolls are made of 3.5 mil plastic and can fit a diverse range of foods. Order the roll and cut your bag to the perfect size.
- Ground Meat Bags: As the name suggests, these bags are best for storing ground beef, chicken, pork, or sausage.
Order Your Vacuum Sealer Bags Today
Vacuum Sealers Unlimited offers a wide range of vacuum sealer bags for chamber vacuum sealers, countertop suction sealers and more. Whether you’re looking for stand-up bags, Mylar bags, shrink wrap bags, or any other type of vacuum sealer bags, you’ll find it in our shop. Find the perfect size bags for your needs today, and feel free to contact us if you have any questions.